[karc] Re: RAC

  • From: Phil Somers <pwsomers@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sun, 15 Mar 2009 10:16:09 -0700 (PDT)

> RAC is working in the background for all Canadian Amateurs.

Well in the background. I applied for RAC membership and paid on-line three
weeks ago, and haven't even received an acknowledgement yet.

No big deal. And I know they rely a lot on volunteers. But I think they should
do a big "rethink" about the effect that the cost and administration of
membership has on the small percentage of Canadian hams becoming and remaining
members. Other related issues: poor proportion of membership costs for
membership/magazine, lack of CD-ROM magazine (for blind members, and others),
high cost of membership, high cost for additional family members. I think they
should eliminate the magazine, put more news on-line, lower the cost of
membership and attract a much higher percentage of Canadian hams as members.

... Phil VE3HST

favourite sites. Download it now at
http://ca.toolbar.yahoo.com.