[karc] Re: HF setting off more than touch lamps...

  • From: Don Gilroy <dgilroy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: "karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx" <karc@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 13 Feb 2013 19:48:36 -0500

Larissa . The most likely cause of your problem
Is rf in the shack caused by the feedline radiating. The easiest cure would be
a 1:1 balun in the feed line close to the antenna. I assume the pump switch for
the toilet is ac so some form of line filter would probably help as well
.google "brute force line filter" to get an idea for that .....good luck
....Don VE3MNE

Sent from my iPhone