[kag] Re: Thousand Islands caches

  • From: Hoover <mlehotay@xxxxxxx>
  • To: kag@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 8 Sep 2004 15:02:23 -0400 (EDT)

> Hoover wrote:
>
>> So here's an idea. What if we organize an event cache for some weekend
>> before the weather gets too cold. Then everybody who shows up splits
>> the cost of a boat rental, and we go out to find all those island
>> geocaches. Maybe we could even hide one of our own, too. Anybody up for
>> it?

It sounds like there is a bit of support for this idea, so I'll get
started on writing up the cache description. I'd like to ask for some
opinions. What would be a good date to go? Which caches should we attempt?
Where should we meet?

I think we should try for at least The Islands - Part III, Pirates of the
St. Lawrence, Merlin's Quest, and The Islands - Part Deux since they are
all so close together. This would suggest meeting up somewhere in
Gananoque. At the rental place? At a comfortable park bench? Any
suggestions?

Other island caches which are not so close to Gananoque are Something
About Mary (in the States), The Islands - Part 1, NAMSOIL (probably MIA),
and Cedar Surprise. I think that's all of them. Anybody want to go for
some of these too? How far would be too far away? I read that Team
Kuebbing once ran out of gas in their rental boat, and we don't want to do
that!

As for the date, it will have to be on a weekend, but not Thanksgiving.
Cast yer votes.

Hoover