[KACT] Re: help!!

  • From: David Kadavy <dkadavy@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: 13 Jan 2006 10:42:06 -0600

Try using money.  Give three students each a  $5 bill and two students a $1
bill.  Tell them this is a synthesis reaction so they are to get together to
purchase a six dollar item.  Ask them if it is the $5 bill or the $1 bill that
limits how  many items( the synthesis product) they can buy together.  They
tend to understand money.  This in some sense helps them to understand
stoichiometry and the proportions.

David Kadavy