[KACT] help!!

  • From: "London Reif" <lreif@xxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <kact@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 13 Jan 2006 08:24:29 -0600

Okay everyone I need some help here!

We are to the stoichiometry chapter in chemistry.  I tried to introduce
the chapter by putting a recipe on the board and asking how much of each
ingredient we would need to double the recipe, half the recipe, and so
on.  Then I tried to use the same analogy to move to chemical
equations.

So far we have talked about mole-mole problems, and mass-mass problems.
 Some students still cannot make the transition from the recipe idea to
the chemical equation idea.

How do you all introduce it? Do you have any little tricks to help the
students better understand the concept?  Thanks for your input.

London Reif
Hoisington High School