[JA] Re: hotmail

  • From: thepccat@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 27 Jul 2002 08:39:15 -0700

I got a new Hotmail account [for kicks], have no address book, and write
to only one other hotmail person, and I cannot believe how much spam I
get. I know another with an old Hotmail account and she gets almost no
spam after having it for a year and doing nothing. Try and figure.  Well,
from what you say, it seems your Hotmail spam filter routes everything
but your two addresses to the Junk Mail folder, so the filter is at least
working. I did not realize there was a setting to delete from the Junk
Mail folder -- does it work as advertised for you?

thepccat

On Fri, 26 Jul 2002 22:11:51 -0500 user1634@xxxxxxxx writes:

so I set it up so only emails with addresses that are in my  address book
are accepted .
( this is for my hotmail email account , I do not
use it that much , just wanted to see if the spam
would some how get in anyway, I had set it up
to delete the email in the junk folder after 7 days,
well after three days there were 92 emails in
the junk folder ,all spam )
I'd hate to see how large your address book is! I >do receive some
legitimate email from people I "don't know".
 ( I only have two addresses in my hotmail email
account , I hate all the spam it gets.