[JA] Wrong Address

  • From: jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 18 Aug 2001 11:57:48 -0400

> Subject: [JA] Wrong Address
> From: Carolyn Stoffel <carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx>

CS> I'm a bit confused. I have Juno email only. No Web access.
> If I go  to the library for Web access, I put this Juno address
> in the message I send from a website.

Send from what website? If you send mail from Juno's webmail site,
replies will automatically go to your address so you can get them at
home, right?  Or do you prefer to use a site that doesn't do that, and
hope your correspondents will be thoughtful enough to address their
replies correctly?

>JH >How many places have Juno set up for you to use your account?
>> Only your machine and your sister's?

CS> Just on this one at home.

Why's that, Carolyn?  Isn't it more fun to be able to use Juno whenever
you visit?
I carry a Version 1.49 floppy and install it just about everywhere.  Some
places it doesn't work because of a modern modem, but usually it's fine.
I don't generally install Juno 4 or 5 on a casual visit because I'm not
sure how the installation will interact with other ISPs.   But then, my
host may want to look into the benefits of free service, and it's nice to
be ready to oblige.

Incidentally, multiple E-mail addresses can be handy for organizing large
amounts of mail.  As a light user I only use two Juno addresses, one for
attachments and one for other messages.  Were I to get several dozen
messages most days, I would use one account for family, one for friends,
one for mailing lists like this one, and another for other business.
Smaller downloads bring other benefits, including smaller losses if a
download is aborted.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org