[JA] What's the "browser" in Juno 5

  • From: jim henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 19:37:58 -0400

No, it's not love.
It's not even lust.
Don't worry, boys;
It's only a crush.

-  T-shirt worn by a cute young lady at Penn station, New York.

> Subject: [JA] What's the "browser" in Juno 5
> From: Babette C Bloch <bvcb@xxxxxxxx>

> However, it seemed like some replies indicated Juno merely loaded
> IE, which is what I thought happened when I went online from v.4.

Yes.  Juno 5 loads the MS HTML Engine part of the browser, even for
reading and writing messages offline.  The HTML Engine replaces the
display portion of the reading and writing program.  This results in
oddities of insert wrap, since the HTML Engine was not really intended to
be an editor but is being pressed into this service.  Some of the
configurations for reading and writing with the HTML Engine can be found
under Web configurations, even though Web is not used when reading and
writing mail offline.   It is a bit confusing when a program that was
made for Web browsing is also put to work on other jobs.

Juno 4 loaded the whole browser, in a separate window, including the
engine, but only for going online, and not for reading and writing mail.
The offline reading and writing part of Juno 4 is Juno's own program.

Juno 5 loads the rest of the browser when going online, but not in a
separate window.   Juno 5 changes the browser's appearance to make it
look like it's part of Juno, but in other regards it obeys the browser's
configurations.

Sometimes it's a miracle this stuff works at all.

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org