[JA] Re: What's the "browser" in Juno 5

  • From: "Brian L. Johnson" <blj8@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: <juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2001 08:58:56 -0600 (MDT)

On Aug 28, Babette C Bloch tapped one key, than another, then another...

>There were some messages on the list recently referring to a "browser" in
>Juno 5, but since I'm not using it, I didn't read them carefully.
>However, it seemed like some replies indicated Juno merely loaded IE,
>which is what I thought happened when I went online from v.4.
>A friend of mine upgraded to v.5 and says that now when he goes on with
>the WEB tab in Juno, he gets a distinctly different looking browser from
>IE.
>What is this?

Basically, IE has a very modular architecture where other programs can
call on IE's components and use them. This is seen in stuff like the
Windows Explorer, when you see the forward/back/etc buttons, and such,
and stuff like the "Active Desktop".

It even goes so far that you can write whole web browsers that use IE's
"engine", like Neoplanet, or Juno 5.

So what it is, is the browser appears in the interface of the Juno
program, powered by IE's backend.

-=Brian=-

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org