[JA] Spam...Grr..

  • From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 03:20:50 EDT

Leslie -

>I got 7 or so of the same MLM work at home spams today.

-----

It was a bad day here, too. Eight, five in a row, in a batch of,
apparently, 39 total messages. I think three is the most I've ever had in
one batch before. Ah, well, with five in a row I wasn't "options on",
"options off" over and over.

Two of the five-in-a-row  appeared to be the same message with slightly
different "sender" email addresses.

Guess who's receiving eight private messages from me. <eg>

It was someone >who was alphabetically spamming Juno (all the names were
starting >with L >and all Juno addresses).

------

I've had several with long lists of c?@juno.com recipients.

After I'd written most of the previous part of the message, I popped over
to my "Delete" folder to double-check return addresses and message
counts.

Suddenly, a deleted message was too big, appeared to lose its content.
Well, it wasn't that big - I'd already read and deleted. A moment later,
there was a message about "application failure" and I was popped out of
Juno, back to Windows.

I returned to Juno to see a message that the message I'd been writing -
this one - was in auto-save and did I want to retrieve it? Yes. I also
discovered that I was not in the same message in the "delete" folder that
I'd been on, but that was no biggee.

I don't recall EVER seeing the auto-save question before and I think the
.entire. message had been saved. Maybe as I switched from the write
screen to the read screen to check the deleted folder. Dunno about that.

Carolyn Stoffel
Rakena Basenjis - Puppup and Cotton
The Canine Contingent; The Puppuppies - Pendant, Insula, Mosey
Phoenix, Arizona
carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx (No Internet access)
http://rakena.freeyellow.com/index.html