[JA] Re: spammer

  • From: George H Lunt <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 24 Jul 2002 20:36:40 -0700

On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx writes:

  >>On Wed, 24 Jul 2002 rsgilmore@xxxxxxxx wrote:

  >>getting hammered pretty good from this lamer today, too...
  >>It appears to be a mail-drop place:
  >>http://www.postnetla.com/postnetla/

> Four of them fer me just today...:-P
>
> His timestamps are curious, too...timezone offset is '-0580'...

Hi Bob, Scott and All,

These guys don't appear to be the typical "spammer", but spam it is
they're sending out.  PostNet Los Angeles appears to be a "franchisee".
PostNet headquarters appear to be located in Nevada...

Postnet
181 N. Arroyo Grande Blvd., Bldg. A, Suite 100
Henderson, NV 89014
702.792.7100 - Fax: 702.792.7115
1.800.841.7171

Hey, did you notice that 1-800 number?  Seems it might be worth giving
them a call...  maybe mentioning that you're receiving a bunch of spam
from their LA franchisee and that if they don't knock it off you'll start
forwarding the spam to FedEx, DHL and UPS and anybody else they deliver
through asking what they're doing working with a delivery service with
this kind of ethics...  or if you'd rather contact their headquarters
folks by e-mail, there's a bunch of admin. type e-mail addresses at...

http://www.postnet.com/main/contactus.asp

Oh, and if I were making that phone call to the 1-800#, I'd call from a
phone booth...  no sense giving them a record of your home phone number
on their phone bill.  Of course, you might also want to mention that
you're pretty sure their 1-800# costs them money each time you call,
which, of course, will be each and every time you receive another spam
from the clown in LA.  And naturally, there will be no need to identify
yourself to be taken off any e-mail address list...  all they need to do
is quit sending spam to anybody and everybody and you'll be removed too.

George Lunt ..... so. cal.