[JA] Spam

  • From: carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 25 Jul 2002 20:29:29 EDT

>  I wish it would send the blocked email back to the
>sender with a message that address is no good so they
>would stop sending emails.

------

Great minds think the same way. <g>

I made a similar suggestion here a week or two or three ago - a Juno
address we could send spam to (I can't block spam with 1.49) and have it
returned "address invalid".

so I set it up so only >emails with addresses that are in my address book
are accepted .

------

I'd hate to see how large your address book is! I do receive some
legitimate email from people I "don't know".

For example, some months back I received a message from a distant
relative. Complicated, but we have a mutual great-greatgrandfather who
married several times so we don't have the same great-greatgrandmother.
That's a message I'd want.

That said, tonight's download had four more spam messages, a couple of
which seem to be from the same people who sent some of this morning's
(Wednesday).

Carolyn Stoffel
Rakena Basenjis - Puppup and Cotton
The Canine Contingent; The Puppuppies - Pendant, Insula, Mosey
Phoenix, Arizona
carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx (No Internet access)
http://rakena.freeyellow.com/index.html