[JA] Re: Lost mail

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 16:31:16 PDT

}Subject: [JA] Lost mail
}From: Carolyn Stoffel
}Date: Sun, 12 Aug 2001 03:20:19 EDT
}
}Just a few minutes after I downloaded 209 messages Thursday afternoon,
we
}had a momentary power failure. I ended up losing about 90% of those
}messages. <sigh>
}
}
}I .hope. I didn't miss anything interesting and if I've been kicked off
}any lists because messages bounced, this should tell me. <eg>
}

        Are you on 5?  If anything older, then you may be able to recover
by:

1:      Run scandisk (should do this anyway after a crash or power
failure!) and save "lost clusters" as file[s].

2:      Look thru the \*.chk files, and ID any that may be juno
folders.

3:      From juno, attempt to import that/those as folders.

        If all went well, you may find the "lost" mail there!  You can
kill off the unrecognizable, or otherwise garbage, \*.chk files.
--
| Computerist.    This user is located in California.  It is a violation
of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this user.
---