[JA] Re: Lose your password?

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2001 17:18:20 PDT

}Date: Wed, 15 Aug 2001 08:35:26 -0700
}Subject: [JA] Lose your password?
}From: Babette C Bloch
}
}A friend sent me these references to what I think are shareware.  For
}those who have written about lost passwords to Juno accounts, it might
be
}of interest.
}He got them from his User Group mail list.
}

        looks almost like an extract from their web page.  However...

}123 Password Recovery v3.01 for Windows 9x/NT  (This one is freeware.)

        This looks like a pro version of some thing written by one of our
list members.

}123pwdrec_setup.exe [171K]

        And a file name not compatible with w3/dos too!

}42 Always-Connected Plug (AC-Plug) v1.02 for Win 9x/ME/NT/2000/XP

        Some ISP agreements, especially FREE ISPs, prohibit use of these,
but the real problem is often their use of only requests for pages to
reset the timeout, not flow of data!

}42acplug_setup.exe [228K]

        Another too-long file name...

}123 Write All Stored Passwords (WASP) v2.01 for Windows 95/98/ME
(Freeware)

Find out about these, and other award-winning Internet and
security solutions at iOpus Software <http://www.iopus.com/>.
-Steve

        OH!  THERE is the (starting) URL!
--
| Computerist.    This user is located in California.  It is a violation
of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this user.
---