[JA] Re: Lost mail

  • From: Robert Porter <rlp321@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 28 Dec 2002 00:25:49 -0500

carolynstoffel@xxxxxxxx wrought thusly:
>Long story. Short version is that Juno's been tied up processing
>incoming mail since 2 AM Friday. It's taking about 45 minutes PER
>MESSAGE! Should take two or three more days, and that's if the dial
>data file isn't involved.

Y'know, on another machine with a 486, I'm running Win3.1 with Juno
v1.49.  I was having similar (although not quite as severe) problems
that it took half a day one time to process the incoming mail.  I
defragmented the harddrive and performance increased 4000%.  Maybe that
would help.

Robert Porter