[JA] Re: Juno 4 Inbox read error / FOLD0000.FRM renamed to FOLD0000.BAD

  • From: Don Elias <donelias@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 5 Aug 2008 00:14:21 -0500

As you may remember, I was having similar problems but I
kind of gave up on the solution becasue I had to finish my
income taxes (back in April.)  I thought Larry Cook was the
expert so if he can't fix the problem, there is a very slim
chance that I could.  I have tried since April but have not been
able to have anything worth posting.

My problem has always been caused by a general computer
crash occurring just as I was trying to close Juno and the
files were being written to disk.  I rarely run scandisk (shame
on me) so that has never been a problem.

The only thing that i have found (not a solution - but a work-
around) is to select the "Deleted Items" folder which causes
the Inbox to be written to the disk and not subject to getting
bombed.  I figure if the "Deleted Items" folder gets destroyed
it does not really matter.  (It has never gotten corrupted.)

Don Elias