[JA] Having dialup as a backup to DSL

  • From: "George Lunt" <glunt@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Sat, 30 Aug 2008 17:07:24 GMT

[Admin note:  This message got mangled by Freelists...  note that it came
orginally...]

From: Bob in Jersey <bob.in.jersey@xxxxxxxx>

My father and I use a DSL provider, and also subscribe to Juno MegaMail
so we can use the Juno 5.x client. (We use other webmail providers as
well)

We had a recent problem where we thought the DSL was down, but it turned
out something had zapped our (external) DSL modem, and we needed to reset
it to get it to work properly.

We're back to normal now, but it got me thinking...since we have
MegaMail, and since the DSL provider has said that there have been recent
problems with their service, might it be a good idea to split off the
phone line and also connect it to our (internal) dialup modem, so that
should the DSL go down we can still at least access our Juno mail
accounts? And, because we have to use DSL filters on the voice
telephones in the house, would we need one of them as well for the dialup
modem connection?

Thanks for any help you can provide.

--
BOB