[JA] Re: Freelists is back

  • From: Billy Wong <bhs1989@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 10 Jul 2001 22:55:23 -0400

On Tue, 10 Jul 2001 17:25:22 -0400 Jim Henderson <jim.henderson@xxxxxxxx>
writes:

> Lightning killed my modem last summer.  Didn't know it was dead
> for another six hours.  Didn't check, y'know.

   And is this with or without a surge protector?  I can relate to this
as my previous 56k modem got killed the same way - when I absent-mindedly
shut off my surge protector at that time.  :-(  (I cannot definitely
prove that the storm was the reason the modem died, but I can't think of
any other cause because the modem worked perfectly prior to the storm.)
Since that awful experience, I bought a new SP that has telephone line
protection included and have kept the SP switched on at all times.

   ___Billy Wong___
   BHS1989@xxxxxxxx
   http://www.geocities.com/billythekid1602445

OR visit http://freelists.dhs.org