[JA] Re: Back to version 4

  • From: J�rel DD Arbaugh <computerist@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: juno_accmail@xxxxxxxxxxxxx, no-tag-request@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 2 Jul 2002 15:38:18 PDT

}Date: Mon, 1 Jul 2002 13:51:37 -0400
}Subject: [JA] Back to version 4
}From: geoffrey l wilson
}
}I use version 1.49 for several accounts for subscibing to newsgroups
}(including this one).
}However, I have two accounts where I want somerhing more.
}
}I was using version 4, but somehow allowed my machine to get the version
}5 upgrade.
}How can I go back to version4 and still be able to keep the satuff that
}I've accumulated in various folders?
}

    1: Get a copy of MIME2FRM.ZIP.

    2: In there, you should find a .doc file that includes instructions
on how to export folders (or part of folders) from juno 4 & 5.  Do that
for each folder to be saved.  I recommend that you create a single
directory on the disk to hold all of these exports, and nothing else but
the mime2frm.com program.  End all of the file names the same, like .TXT,
for ease of a later step.

    3: These can be done at the same time:

        A: Install juno 4.

        B: Use MIME2FRM to convert the folders:

            i: Start a "DOS Prompt"

            ii: Get to the directory with all of the exported folders

            iii: use a command similar to the following:

for %z in (*.txt) do mime2frm %z

                (add any -options you want per the mime2frm
documentation)

WARNING!  DO NOT USE (*.*), AS THE OUTPUT FILES WILL MATCH THAT, AND BE
FOUND AND REPROCESSED IN AN UNDESIRABLE WAY!

    4: Import the "*.frm" folders in to juno v4.

        OK, what did I forget.  It CAN'T be THAT easy!  Oh yes: Kill off
anything you do not want to keep in that directory with the conversion
program.  Easiest way is to move mime2frm.com elsewhere, then kill the
directory.

        By the way, that FOR command works as follows:

                FOR looks for all files matching the name(s) in
parentheses.  As it locates each file, it runs the command after the
parentheses, substituting the file name for the "%z" in the command.
Note that a different letter from 'z' can be used, though it must match
the letter used before the parentheses.  Note that, in batch files, you
must double the '%' characters, because the batch processor uses the same
character for other substitutions.

        Have Fun!
--
| Computerist.    KG6HNO  This user is located in California.  It is a
violation of California law to send unsolicited commercial mail to this
user.
---