[jjr69] Martin Luther King's Opposition to the War on Iraq

  • From: Dat Duthinh <dduthinh@xxxxxxxx>
  • To: jjr69@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Wed, 15 Jan 2003 14:20:46 -0500

Recently, a congressman from NY introduced a resolution to re-instate the
draft.  His argument is, if your son or daughter is likely to lead the
charge into Baghdad, you would be a bit more careful about starting a
war.  At last reckoning, there was only one or 2 members of congress who
had children in the armed forces.  Of course, President Bush took the
smallpox vaccine first, but I don't know how well represented are the
children of highly placed officials in the military service.