[jhb] Re: [jhb_airlines] Re: wednesday...

  • From: "Paul Reynolds" <paul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 4 Jul 2007 13:43:04 +0100

Frank,

Alex has raised this issue on the Pilot Club forum a couple of times.  It's
been met by a stoney silence.

Watching the use of the Pilot Club server and I can see it getting closed down
any time soon.  I think our Wednesday sessions are its peak period.  The
Germans seem to have a session running at the weekend but that only attracts 4
- 5 players. Otherwise you might find just one or two pilots connected at any
one time. As I write, there is no-one connected at all!  Indeed, yesterday I
did one of my round the world legs and was the only one on for the majority of
the flight.  Further, I see the use of the comms channels has dropped too, as
many of you know the German contingency were using Communicator while playing
online elsewhere.  I've a feeling the Pilot Club team have backed off and are
targetting there energies elsewhere with the Pilot Club site being maintained
only while it is cost effective to do so.  Since most of us signed up for a
years membership I can see it winding down as they come to an end

Paul in pessimist mode