[jhb] Slow PC

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 28 Jun 2012 15:06:14 -0000

My main PC seems to have developed an annoying slowdown recently. Both my
PC's are running W7 and whilst the second is working away quite happily this
one is getting a bit of a slug.

The problem is that on starting any program the hard drive thrashes for a
good 30 seconds or more before the program loads. I get the same sometimes
when switching between programs too so it's painful work. Even after a
reboot the same happens so it isn't a full cache. I've got 8Gb RAM and
plenty of Virtual Memory set but it feels as if both are full the way the
machine behaves.

Anyone else ever had similar?

http://woodair.net