[jhb] Re: Ronaldsway

  • From: "Fossil" <fossil@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 9 Oct 2009 18:45:09 +0100

Hangar 2 looks about right but should be taller - it used to be Silver
City's hangar for Bristol Freighters.

Hangar 6 behind you is not quite right. It holds two Citations and is about
the right peak height but the roof pitch is far shallower. It is also a
vivid blue and has no windows.

http://www.island-images.co.uk/Aircraft/2009%20Air/0902111138.html - this
shot shows the Manx Airlines hangars, Hangar 4 and the Nissan huts facing
taxiway E.

http://www.island-images.co.uk/Aircraft/Air08/GC301308.html - this shows
Hangar 1 (now demolished) and Hangar 6. To the left of Hangar 6 is a new
hangar (number unknown) and the corner of Hangar 2.

http://www.island-images.co.uk/Aircraft/Air08/GG241144.html - show the front
of Hangar 2. The odd ridge at the front of the hangar was built to allow the
tail of the Bristol Freighters through.

http://www.island-images.co.uk/Aircraft/Air08/GA091502.html -also shows the
general area but you can now see the little Hangar 3 which contains just a
PA30 and AA5.

After hangar 2 it gets a bit complex but the attached photo should clear
things up a bit. Hangars are numbered where known. The question mark shows
the new hangar, N is the Nissan huts and W is the new Woodgate hangar. C is
not a hangar but a Catering store. A photo of the area -
http://www.island-images.co.uk/Aircraft/2007/FA181530.html - isn't all that
clear as the hangars have the same colours and merge into one another.