[jhb] Re: IVAO Presence

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 12:11:00 +0100

I wonder whether it's more than "get up and go", on the part of individual controllers. Although, at noon, the Tower and Approach are no longer manned, Amsterdam Radar is now on line. It suggests that there may be a bit more "get up and go" about whoever is running the region.

I wouldn't for one moment suggest that UK controllers vacate positions outside London, to fill the gap. That wouldn't be good either for ATC or pilots. It would, though, seem logical that the organisers try to provide more cover for the regular flights into and out of Heathrow.

Gerry Winskill

F FISHER wrote:
Gerry
I suspect that the Dutch controllers have more get up and go. As for the French, one worthy soul logs into Salt Lake center for around 4 hours every afternoon (GMT), and another does Artentine ctr. Contrast that with other night, when every C3 and up welcomed the Kumi group into Edingburgh. I think there where 6 controllers fora 2 hours slot for 20+ planes. Mind you, if was an eyeopener watching them stacking them up and lining them for finals one after another. Tho Gaz moaned that it would have been an experiance for an an S grade on the ground, never seen so many C's in action. Uk moans that there are no controllers most night, but I think it is to do with the FRA's stopping people from logging in.
Frank