[jhb] IVAO Presence

  • From: Gerry Winskill <gwinsk@xxxxxxx>
  • To: JHB Restricted <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Fri, 10 Jul 2009 09:16:58 +0100

I'm sure I've mentioned this before, I think...

Early morning flight, probably most daytime flights too, show decent amounts of traffic heading for Heathrow. The same applies to Schiphol but there's a significant difference. Schiphol ATC seats are nearly always manned. Heathrow is seldom manned, though others with no traffic may be.

Perhaps the Dutch IVAO controller group have arranged a roster. Whatever, if I look at Servinfo, the difference between the two is quite dramatic.

Is it that a few of the qualified controllers have Heathrow ring fenced, so that they can get in when convenient?

It doesn't affect me, since I rarely head for EGLL, just that it seems an excellent opportunity for controllers to get traffic is being wasted. I guess the pilots may feel they are being short changed?