[jhb] Re: IVAO Flightplan Aircraft

  • From: "bones" <bones@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 29 Jul 2007 20:09:14 +0100

Tricky one this.

As you were in controlled airspace it could be inferred that responsibility
for that airspace defaults to Centre if no APP controller is logged in. If
this is true then Centre are going to be pretty busy as they would have to
keep an eye on all Class D airspace in their area.

Even so, you would have been clear of EGAC CTR passing over Strangford Lough
and in the open FIR - which he has no right to control - so you could have
just told him "Changing to EGNS_APP on 120.85 good day".

I don't know if he was correct or not - I'll ask next time I plug in. Now,
if he is doing things by the IVAO book then it has repercussions for us
because we will have to check if Centre is active when flying out of CTR's
like Cardiff, Liverpool, Newcastle and the like - and make sure we call
Centre for clearance. Alternatively he may just have been bored and welcomed
some traffic to play with.