[jhb] Re: ADS Viewer

  • From: "F FISHER" <ffisher991@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jhb@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 4 Oct 2009 16:55:30 +0100

Bones

I have downloaded the new ADS, and have the map view and EGNS Metar showing.
As far as I am aware, all my network machines have a fixed IPaddress, as does
my Router to the outside world. Leastways, every time I check, they are always
the same. It is preset by the router. BTHomeHub.

I have tried portforwarding and closing Windoes firewall, I do not have any
other firewall installed or active. Switching the DMZ on/off has no effect
either.

Wondering if I have the same problem as with FSHost, ie when certain people are
connected, I cannot connect, This dispite a change of ISP and software/hardware.

Various other applications access the outside world two ways, with no input
from me to set up conditions.

I am no rookie, to networking, but this has me beat.

I will leave the ADS running for the rest of the day, and report when or if I
get your data, currently, port forwarding is not on, but will set it up again
later(30330 ?). Thats assuming it will work, I had to set up for FS9 to network
but not for FSX.

Frank F