Re: what is the incoming and out going server names for hotmail?

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sat, 27 Dec 2003 21:19:28 -0800

Hi Matt,
Every time I've configured a machine for Hotmail, I just tell the setup
program that I'm using an http server, am using Hotmail and let the setup
program figure out what the address is. But, if it turns out that you have
to hard-code the address, know that there will be only one for an http
server which seems to handle inbound and outbound, so try this one:

http://services.msn.com/svcs/hotmail/httpmail.asp

then plug in your hotmail or MSN id and password. That's what I did. It
should work for you but anything can happen with Microsoft stuff.
Good luck.

Cheers!
Tom

Matt writes:

> Hello list.
> I have a question about hotmail.
> I want to set up my msn account with out look express, but I need to know
what the in coming and out going server names are so that I can set it up.