RE: what is the incoming and out going server names for hotmail?

  • From: "Michael L. Thomas" <michaelltho@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Sun, 28 Dec 2003 13:35:36 -0800

Outlook and Outlook express can usually find it if you tell it is hotmail or
an http service when you set up the account.  However, I have learned
something pretty cool.  You can get Outlook to show a folder list that
contains two sets of folders, one for your local system and one for the html
server.  The cool thing about this is that you can copy messages to and from
your computer and the service.  This is wonderful for working from more than
one computer and if you want to get some extra control over what your
hotmail or MSN account is doing.
When setting up the account, tell it is a html server and then use the
following name:

http://oe.msn.msnmail.hotmail.com/cgi-bin/hmdata

Maybe you would want to use cut and past fort this since it is a little bit
on the long side.