Re: unnecessary startup programs

  • From: "Bill Powers" <powersradio@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 14 Oct 2004 11:46:19 -0700

Jean,

Monitor drivers are almost never pre-installed for you no matter who the
manufacturer is, and I've never seen an out of the box computer yet that had
the correct driver installed for the monitor that came with it. My Dell
computer originally came with a Dell monitor but even so, the driver for the
monitor was not installed. It was no big deal to go to their website and
find the driver and install it. You can do the same. You need to find out
the model of your monitor and go to that company's website to get the
current driver, then install it, and your monitor will probably work better.

Even if you could find the video driver on the CD that came with your
computer, chances are it's out of date by now, and finding a new copy of it
on the internet would be more worthwhile.

Bill Powers