Re: signiture

  • From: "Margaret Thomas" <iluvtoread@xxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 16 May 2005 02:14:41 -0400

Judith,

    Here's  an old post I saved that may help.  It worked here with OE
6.0.
Margaret

Signature list, listview.
Will contain the list of the signatures that you have created.

New button.
Enter on the new button to create a new signature.

You will be placed in an edit field where you can type any information
you
want contained in your signature, such as your name and email address.

When you're satisfied with your signature, tab to the apply button and
press
enter to save your changes.

After you have established a signature, there are several other
options on
the page.

Add signature to all outgoing messages checkbox.
If checked then Outlook Express will automatically add your default
signature to all outgoing messages.  If you don't check this box, then
add a signature to a message, press control shift S while in the body
of a
message to add the default signature to a message.  If you have set up
more
than one signature, while in the body of the message, press alt I for
the
insert menu, s for signature and you will be presented with a list of
all of
your signatures and you can choose the one you wish to use in that
message.

Don't include on replies and forwards checkbox.
If you check the box to automatically include your signature to all
outgoing
messages, Outlook Express will automatically check this box.  If you
do
want your signature automatically included on replies to messages and
forwards, then uncheck this box.

Signature list.
Once you have added signatures, they will be listed in the signature
list.
To modify a signature, first select it in the list.

Remove button.
Deletes the signature.

Rename button.
You may want to rename the signature, instead of accepting the default
name
"Signature#." Do this by entering on the Rename button for the
selected
signature.  Then type the new
name you want to give the signature and hit enter.

Text radio button.
Will be checked for all signatures that you have entered as text when
you
created a new signature.  You can tab once to the edit field to edit
the
signature you created.

File Radio Button.
if you have your signature stored in a text file, you can arrow down
from
the text radio button and select the file radio button.  You can then
either
tab once and type in the path and name of the file, or tab to the
browse
button and browse for the file on your computer.

Set as Default.
If you have set up more than one signature, enter on this button to
set the
selected signature as the default.

Advanced button.
Allows you to choose which e-mail account to which you want to use a
selected signature.  So for example I could choose to have one
signature
added to messages for add1@xxxxxxx
and another add2@xxxxxxxx
However, if you use this option, do not check the
box to have signatures automatically added to all outgoing messages.
Instead insert the signature with control shift S.  This will place
the
signature that is assigned to the account in the message.

"Judith Bron" wrote:

Well, With your help I got into the file and placed my signiture in
what I
thought was an edit field.  Jaws told me that I have to enter a
signiture as
an existing or html file.  What's going on?  Judith