RE: selecting items in a list

  • From: "Aman Singer" <aman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2004 18:42:10 -0500

Hi.
        To select non-contiguous items, put your cursor on the first item
you want to select. Hit ctrl+space. Hold down the control key and use your
arrow keys to move around the list. Every time you reach an item which you
want to select, hit the space bar. That is, you should be moving with
ctrl+down, ctrl+up, ctrl+right, and ctrl+left, and selecting with
ctrl+space. The shift key should have nothing to do with it. You may release
the control key at any time, and your selections will stay as they are, but
if you release the control key and then press one of the arrow keys, you
will have unselected all the files you've selected by this method. Once
you're finished selecting, you can release the control key and do whatever
you want with the selected files. These commands are not screen-reader
specific.
        Aman