Re: jaws keystroke to see contents of Clipboard

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2006 19:57:22 -0700

Rich,

What I'm referring to is a feature that I think appeared with the release of
Jaws 7.0.  It's some sort of trick whereby you can pile up things in the
clipboard instead of the clipboard being cleared each time you copy
something new into it.  Then there are special tricks for pasting the
extended contents into a destination.  I forget exactly how to do all this,
but it's been discussed a number of times over the months.  I tried it out
once to learn how to use the feature, but never wound up using it
thereafter, so I forget exactly how the whole deal works.

More to the point, I never understood if this was a special capability
written into Jaws modifying the function of the Windows clipboard, or if it
was in fact a proprietary clipboard that's actually part of Jaws.  I never
heard this explained to my satisfaction.  Sorry if I misled you by my
remarks.

I still want to know what the keystroke is for reading the contents of the
clipboard, whatever the answer to my confusion about there being one
clipboard or two.

Hope that's more clear.