Re: jaws and msword

  • From: "Tom Lange" <trlange@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 26 Feb 2007 11:29:15 -0800

Hi,
Sean writes:

I have a somewhat unrelated MSWord problem: When ever I set the view to normal, it goes back to print view when I close then re-open the document. How do I fix this?

Try this:
1. Locate your normal.dot file.  You'll probably find it at

C:\Documents and Settings\USERNAME\Application Data\Microsoft\Templates\Normal.dot

In the path above, USERNAME refers to your particular user profile and its corresponding subfolder under "documents and settings".

2.  Open Word.
3. Do a ctrl+o, then type the path to the normal.dot file as shown above, substituting the folder name that corresponds to your user profile in the path.

4. When the normal.dot file opens, go to the View menu and select Normal by pressing Enter.

5.  Do a ctrl+s to save the normal.dot file.

6. Start a fresh word document and see if normal view is the default. It should be.

Hope this helps.

Tom