Re: activating a submit button

  • From: mostafa almahdy <mostafa.almahdy@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
  • Date: Tue, 12 May 2009 20:38:19 +0300

i  think  that's  because  of  her  oldest  version,  especially  if
the webpage  is  quite  new  ,  and  updating  from  time to  time, so
 JAWS  eight   might,  I've  said  might,   remembers  that,   might
be   not  recognized  the  current  format  of  the  button  she's
attempting  to  submit, so  in  case of  that,  the  script  which's
matched  between  JAWS  and  this  certain applacation   whatever it
is, need  to  recompile  or to  rewritten.
that's  what  I' am able to  say  here, and   I' am  sorry  if  I' am
mistaken.

On 5/12/09, Emily de Rham <rabbet@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> A friend and I were on the phone, each on our own computers, trying to
> fill out a form on the McGill University Alumni web site. The form
> wanted user name and password, and then had a submit button. When I
> activated the submit button by tab plus spacebar or by enter enter, I
> was taken to the next page. But my friend kept going in circles. She
> activated the submit button and JAWS indicated it was loading a new
> page, but actually it just reloaded the form page. We tried numerous
> times, and she couldn't get hers to work. Using the B key, we did
> verify that JAWS did recognize "submit" as a button.
>
> Any ideas about what might be going wrong? She has JAWS version 8 and
> I have 10.
>
> Thanks,
> Emily
> --
> JFW related links:
> Alternative archives located at:

mostafa muhammad taric almahdy
skype account:
my_speaker
best regard
it's always hope that gives meaning to life
Alternative archives located at: