Re: Warning! JAWS may crash more frequently

  • From: "Yardbird" <yardbird@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 5 Jul 2007 13:22:15 -0700

I'm not sure why a number of annoyed folks on the list seem to be conflating
the message with the Eloquence-dangerous word in its subject line with the
nasty post encouraging blind people to die. which we all will, eventually.
The person is in a hurry. And probably blind, too, so go figure. A
psychiatric issue, this is. But these have been (or should be) two separate
threads, referring to two different acts of juvenile delinquency.

Anyway. I don't have any problem with that word that makes some copies of
Eloquence crash, although I did back in Jaws 7 until FS patched it, as I
recall.

But what I want to know is, who came up with this wacky misspelling in the
first place a year ago or so? A combination of Caesar as in Julius and
"seizure" as in an epileptic fit. It's one of the funniest spelling errors
I've ever come across, but the main point is, until someone sent it in their
subject line this morning (someone who I'll bet isn't subscribed to this
list, or at least is usually a lurker, and they probably didn't really send
that garbage anyway), I haven't seen it since that first time. It's totally
goofy. And every time it's mentioned-- it's become legendary, like the Happy
99 virus-- people keep referring to it as a word, which it isn't! That blows
my mind.

Well, just in case it needs saying, this thing isn't a word at all. So it's
not a letter combination that would have been easy to think of while
building Eloquence and guard against, maybe. It's way outside the usual area
of spelling mistakes. More like a phonetic misunderstanding of the word
"seizure," is my bet.

Sorry, Just find the whole thing so odd. And funny, too, now that it's not
crashing my Jaws and Eloquence.