Rather Strange Problem When Switching Between Screen Readers

  • From: "Caroline Congdon" <carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <gw-info@xxxxxxxxxxx>, <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 19 May 2005 08:53:33 -0500

Hi everyone.  I'm having a really strange problem on my desktop machine, and
I've seen it happen on a couple of other machines as well.  I am running
Windows XP SP2, and keep my machine on pretty much 24-7.  I have both JFW 6.1
and WE 5.0, and need to switch back and forth between them from time to time.
However, after my machine has been running for a long period of time I start
having some keyboard issues.  For instance, if I'm running JFW, close it down
and then run WE, I can use the start menu and other function keys, but my arrow
keys and letter keys don't respond.  If I unload WE and try to reload JFW I get
an error.  I need to be able to switch back and forth for my job, and I'm
really finding this problem frustrating.  This happened both before and after a
new hard drive was added, and a completely fresh install of Windows and other
software was performed.  I am able to switch back and forth with no problem on
my laptop.  Does anyone have any thoughts or suggestions that might help me
here?  Thanks in advance for any assistance.
Caroline

Caroline Congdon; Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Mailto:carolinecongdon@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Web site: http://home.earthlink.net/~carolinecongdon/