Pronunciation of subsection in Word

  • From: "Derek Binkley" <dbinkley@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2009 09:11:29 -0500

Hi,
    I am planning on distributing a Word document to some of our
customers some of whom will be using Jaws to read the document.  I am
new to Jaws and am not sure how to deal with pronunciation of certain
punctuation.  This document is organized into sections which are crucial
to the meaning of the document.  Once example is a section I which has
subsections (a) and (b).  When Jaws reads these subsections it
pronounces them as follows, "left paren ah right paren."  Can I leave
this text as it is or would it be better to change it somehow so that it
is pronounced more clearly?

Thanks for you help.

Regards,
Derek Binkley