RE: Outlook Calendar

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:05:11 -0400

Jerry,

You're right, outlook does not show recurring, nor multi-day,
appointments with a list entry for each day involved.  However, when
you're starting to create your new appointment, before you save it, but
after you've entered the perspective date and time, it will tell you, on
a line just below the menu bar, if it conflicts with anything else
you've scheduled.

Unfortunately the FS script writers did not make this line speak
automatically, but perhaps someone knows how to do that (someone
suggested a frame, but never answered my question as to whether a frame
could be made to speak anytime the text within it changes).

Alternatively, you can ask outlook to pick out a time for your
appointment for you based on what you've got scheduled and what you've
entered as your work week parameters.  It then presents you with an
appointment dialog for the first available appointment time, and allows
you to keep hitting a "next" button and going forward or backward
through possibilities until you find one you are happy with.

Hth,

Chip

=20