RE: jfw and new computers

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 18 Oct 2004 10:08:59 -0400

=20

that notebook manufacturers modify the drivers they are given.   This is
certainly not true with ATI, nor from my reading of the news group
comp.sys.laptops is it true for any of the larger vendors.

They do offer video driver updates on their own web sites, but that is
as a convenience to their customers, not because they've modified them
in some way.

Now what the smallest, no name manufacturers may do is not known to me.

Chip
card suggestion, buying A T I was mot maid=20