RE: O.T. HELP! JAWS 9.0, OPENBOOK, HP2400 SCANNER AND PDF FILES.

  • From: "Jeffrey Schwartz" <sidney.schwartz@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 19:12:50 -0500

Since you brought up the topic of Open Book, I'll toss in my two cents.
Open Book was the first OCR program given to me and I've used it for many
years.  I never really liked it, however.  Since I was going to spend the
money for the latest upgrade, I decided to switch to Omni Page Pro which has
received great press.  At half the price it is far superior to Open Book.
It allows you to select any or all of about   20 programs it will scan into
including word and excel.  Now when I open the file menu in either of those
programs, one option I can select is obtain text from Omni Page.  Select it
and your page gets scanned and the text appears in Word in the appropriate
format.  It deals well with columns, is fast and accurate.

Sorry that I didn't address your problem.

  _____