O.T. HELP! JAWS 9.0, OPENBOOK, HP2400 SCANNER AND PDF FILES.

  • From: "Lic. Esperanza Villafuerte" <esperanza.villafuerte@xxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:25:42 -0500

Sorry Admin!
I am posting this, because I think OPENBOOK as the same as JAWS is a FREEDOM
SCIENTIFIC Product, and someone on this list, might  help me.

Hello!, I am using JAWS 9.0 as a default screen reader, and OPENBOOK 7.0,   and
HP Scanner 2400, to perform into readable many documents, also Adobe Reader
8.1 is installed on my PC.
Two or three days ago, it was OK.  Since Yesterday I had to restore my S O, to
fix an error.
 And Openbook whenever I need to open a PDF file, give  me a mesage like this,
"sorry, Openbook cannot open this file, because there's not an associate
program on your system", I am doing as I always did, select a file, select type
adobe portable document, but it can be solved.
Then I check, effectively, whenever I tried to open PDF file with Adobe Reader,
there weren't a program associated, ADOBE READER was reinstalled on this
machine, then I did an install maintainance for OPENBOOK but the message is
still on, appears one only option, cancel.

What  may be wrong?

So I have a question, How can I check if Openbook recognize my scanner?.
thanks a lot in advance.
Best Regards.
 Esperanza Villafuerte