Re: JAWS on a thumb drive

  • From: "dave-d0619" <dave-d0619@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Mon, 8 Dec 2008 11:22:59 -0500

Hello Brian:

I have a copy of the thumb drive version of JAWS in a subfolder on the hard
drive on my Nokia N91 Mobile Phone, along with my data and audio files.

It has proved itself very useful, when I have gone to someone's house or
workplace, they describe a windows problem and I tell them that I can fix the
problem for them and show them how to fix the problem themselves.

So, once I have run the program to install the video hooks, I can run JAWS,
show them how to fix the problem, unload JAWS, safely remove the dongle and my
mobile phone and, apart from the video hooks, leave no trace on their computer
that a screen-reader had ever been used on their system at all.

I also like the thumb drive version of JAWS for demonstrating JAWS because I do
not have to carry a laptop with JAWS loaded on it.

The other advantage is that the person to whom you are demonstrating JAWS, gets
to see the program work on their system.

When  you demonstrate JAWS on a laptop, potential users or their supervisors
will often ask "will JAWS work on my computer" if it is an individual or, "will
JAWS work on our systems" if it is an employer.

I hope this helps

Sincerely:

Dave Durber