RE: O.T. HELP! JAWS 9.0, OPENBOOK, HP2400 SCANNER AND PDF FILES.

  • From: "Mullins, Chris" <Chris.Mullins@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 Dec 2008 15:56:21 -0000

Optical Character Recognition

________________________________

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Carmen
Sent: 10 December 2008 15:24
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
Subject: RE: O.T. HELP! JAWS 9.0, OPENBOOK, HP2400 SCANNER AND PDF
FILES.

Hi Jeffery,

            What does OCR stand for?

Carmen

________________________________

From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Jeffrey Schwartz
Sent: Monday, December 08, 2008 7:13 PM
To: jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx
FILES.

Since you brought up the topic of Open Book, I'll toss in my two cents.
Open Book was the first OCR program given to me and I've used it for
many years.  I never really liked it, however.  Since I was going to
spend the money for the latest upgrade, I decided to switch to Omni Page
Pro which has received great press.  At half the price it is far
superior to Open Book.  It allows you to select any or all of about   20
programs it will scan into including word and excel.  Now when I open
the file menu in either of those programs, one option I can select is
obtain text from Omni Page.  Select it and your page gets scanned and
the text appears in Word in the appropriate format.  It deals well with
columns, is fast and accurate.

Sorry that I didn't address your problem.