Re: Jaws and 2 sound cards

  • From: "Bobcat" <bobcat11@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 10 May 2006 14:08:17 -0600

You don't need to get the patch if you have Jfw 7. That patch was for V 4.1. One of the tech team told me it isn't necessary. You only need to change the line in jfw.ini. I was never able to actually download the patch with the link provided.

An easy way to get the exact name for the device is the go to sounds and audio devices , audio tab, then virtualise the dialog with jaws-control-w. You can copy the device name to the clipboard and paste into the jfw.ini file. The word "wave" in the example is an actual part of the device name for that particular card. I thought that was confusing too.

I was also told FS is working on updating bulletins to be up-to-date.

"Date Posted: 04/04/2003

Product Name: JAWS

Version: 4.51"

----- Original Message ----- From: "Allan Wong" <allanwkf@xxxxxxxxx>
hi Troy,

beside adding that line, you also need to install a patch file for eloquence. please refer to the following URL

http://www.freedomscientific.com/fs_support/BulletinView.cfm?QC=432

----- Original Message ----- From: "Troy Burnham" <tburnham@xxxxxxxxx>
I've got a USB sound card plugged in and I'm trying to get just Jaws to use
it and everything else to use the default onboard card. I'm running Jaws
7.0, do I need to do anything else other than adding a line to the jfw.ini
file? And regarding that line in the jfw.ini file, in the example from the
Freedom Scientific page they use the SBLive card and at the end of the line
they have the word wave written, does anybody know if that is just part of
the name for the SBLive card or if I would need to put wave at the end of
the line that I add for my USB card? Right now the line that I added looks
like this:
Synth1Port=USB Audio