RE: Jaws and 2 sound cards

  • From: "Chip Orange" <Corange@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2007 16:01:01 -0500

Those words aren't always required, they just happened to be the name of
the device.  If you can't get this to work with the name you listed, you
may have to call.

I got my external usb to work with jaws by setting it to be the default
windows sound output device (it had to be plugged in to do this).  So,
when it was plugged in jaws and everything else used it, but when it was
unplugged, they all switched back to the built-in card.

That was ok with me that both jaws and other sounds came through the usb
card; but if you can't get jaws to use it, get jaws to use the built-in
one, and make the usb one the default so everything else will use it.
This gives you the separation you were looking for.

hth,

Chip

Chip Orange
Database Administrator