RE: Jaws and 2 sound cards

Isn't there a way to search the JFW archives?

"frequency660@xxxxxxxxxxx" is a NetIBA certified email address. Certificate #1070793E. Please visit NetIBA at http://www.netiba.com/?22912

From: "Jim Grimsby" <jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject: RE: Jaws and 2 sound cards
Date: Thu, 9 Mar 2006 17:15:44 -0800

http://www.freelists.org/archives/jfw/02-2004/msg00891.html

jim grimsby
msn: jim.grimsby@xxxxxxx
email:  jimgrims@xxxxxxxxxxx
skype: jim.grimsby

-----Original Message-----
From: jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx [mailto:jfw-bounce@xxxxxxxxxxxxx] On
Behalf Of Troy Burnham
Sent: Thursday, March 09, 2006 5:03 PM
To: jfw
Subject: Jaws and 2 sound cards

Hi All, I have a USB sound card and I need to know what to do to make Jaws come out of the USB card and for everything else to come out of my default sound card, or vise versa.

I do medical transcription and at least one of the doctor's that
dictates on
the account that I'm on doesn't talk very loud so I have to turn the
volume
up, but of course that turns Jaws up too so it doesn't help much.

I have had this problem before and that's why I have the USB card, but I

don't remember what I did to separate Jaws from the other audio.  I
remember
having to put some lines possibly in the Jaws.ini file but I don't
remember
what they were nor where exactly to put them in the file, and I don't
remember what to type into the search box on freedomscientific.com to
get
the support articles for this.

Thanks in advance for any help on this.
Troy