re: JAWS 7.0 and Epson scanner

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 1 Jun 2006 10:14:47 -0500

If you are seriously considering buying Text Cloner, just make sure you talk to their technical support people and ask if they have tested their OCR program with your model of scanner.

I used to use Text Cloner Pro and it worked pretty well, but after getting a version update of Text Cloner, my scanner no longer worked with it! Their tech support people were unable to provide a fix, and I actually ended up buying a new scanner. Before I purchased the new scanner, I verified with the Text Cloner people that it would be compatible, but they were wrong. I went back and forth with them via emails and phone, trying to get my new Epson scanner to work, but they never did find a fix. I finally got them to give me a full refund, and ended up buying Abbyy Fine Reader Pro, and I find it to be a much better OCR program. Sure, it costs about twice as much as Text Cloner Pro, but you get what you pay for.

Alan
Anisio wrote:
Try Text Cloner, it is one of the simplest OCR packages I"ve seen and, besides, the price is not bad, I believe it is $99 or something like that. You
can find more information at
www.readingmadeeasy.com

Anisio