re: JAWS 7.0 and Epson scanner

  • From: "Alan Clendinen" <alanclendinen@xxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Wed, 31 May 2006 06:01:44 -0500

Jeanette,

In order to convert scanned text into readable text, you will need to get an Optical Character Recognition (OCR) program, such as Abbyy Fine Reader, OpenBook, Kurzweil 1000, etc.

I have an Epson scanner (a different model from yours) and I use Abbyy Fine Reader Pro to scan books. It is fast and quite accurate, and works just fine with JAWS 7.0.

Just make sure that whatever OCR software you are thinking about getting has support for your model of scanner. An email or phone call to the company is recommended.

Alan
Jeanette wrote:
How can I read and scan pages with ebson cx3810v with JFW7.
Jeanette