RE: Itunes?

  • From: "Brian Giles" <briangiles@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • To: <jfw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
  • Date: Thu, 6 Aug 2009 16:33:37 -0600

Hi Jim,

iTunes works ok out of the box now, but there are scripts that enhance it
quite a bit. As far as I know, iTunes on its own doesn't have any specific
JAWS commands, but the scripts do which is part of what makes them great.

That being said, the people that write the scripts are behind on the
versions of iTunes that the scripts support. I guess iTunes 8.2, which is
the current version made a lot of changes that messed up the scripts. I use
that version with the scripts, but it's not as good as in 8.1 which the
company recommends, so you'd have to google it if you want to download that
version.

You can find out more about the iTunes scripts and download a demo from
tandt-consultancy.com or ngtvoice.com. The demo will let you use them until
you restart iTunes 15 times.

HTH,

Brian